What to do in Nice
Dining and Drinking in Nice
How to get to Nice
- Direct flights are available from Edinburgh, London, Bristol, Dublin, Liverpool & Manchester. 1 stop flights are available from most other UK cities.
- Distance from Nice Airport to the centre of Nice is 7K/15 minutes.
- An airport tram service runs direct from the airport to the centre of Nice in 25 mins.
- Taxis are available outside the terminal.
- If you're travelling from within France, we recommend using the regional train service (TGV) or domestic air travel (cheap direct flights are available from most French airports).
- Nice airport has a very good tram network. Tram 2 runs direct to the city centre.
- French rail service (TGV)
- Use Rome2Rio or Moovit apps for metro/tram schedules
Weather in Nice
- See what the weather will be doing on your trip!
- Check out the seasonal weather for September/October.
Allianz Riviera AKA Grand Stade de Nice
How to get to the Allianz Riviera
Regular trams run from Nice Ville but not direct, you should change at St Augustine and walk across the road to Grand Arenas. This is a 40 minute journey in total. The trams operate until 10:30pm with an infrequent service available after 11pm.
Taxis will cost 20-25 euros from the centre to the stadium.
The number 95 usual matchday bus service runs from Hospital St Roch within the city centre.
The number 95 usual matchday bus service runs from Hospital St Roch within the city centre. Alternatively, you can take a TER train from Nice-Ville main rail station to St Augustin station, where shuttle buses run to the stadium.
Expert Experience with a SportsBreak Insider
Name: Ben Scholes
Role at SportsBreak: Project Manager
At the The Place Masséna which is the main square in Nice, you’ll find lots of bars and restaurants from along its many side streets offering local and international cuisines.
Take a walk down the Promenade des Anglais ("Promenade of the English") which is only 2 minutes from Place Masséna and it will lead you to Nice downtown and if it’s history that you are looking for then head to Place Garibaldi which is near to the Vieux Nice (Old Town).
You can also be in Monaco in 40 minutes on the train from Nice Ville (Main Station in Nice) for as little as €10 and spend the day exploring Monaco and walking the famous circuit of the Monaco Grand Prix.
Talk to an expert
Call us now:
Weekdays 8.30am - 7.00pm
Saturday 8.30am - 6.00pm
Sunday - Closed
Request a callback