What to do in Lyon
Dining and Drinking in Lyon
How to get to Lyon
- Direct flights are available from Bristol, London & Dublin. 1 stop flights are available from Manchester, Belfast, Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
- Distance from Lyon Airport to the centre of Lyon is around 30K/40 minutes
- An airport shuttle is available direct from the airport to the centre of Lyon.
- Taxis available outside the terminal.
- If you're travelling from within France, we recommend using the regional train service (TGV).
- The Rhônexpress is a tram shuttle service that goes between Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport and Lyon's Part-Dieu train station. The tram stop can be found in the St Exupery train station and the shuttle runs every 15 minutes, taking around 30 minutes.
- French rail service (TGV)
- Use Rome2Rio or Moovit apps for tram schedules
Groupama Stadium AKA Parc OL
How to get to the Groupama Stadium
Lyon is a city with an excellent tram service, rather than a train service, so you’ll be able to arrive at the stadium in style. You can get the tram from Dieu Villette in the South, Vaulx en Velin La Soie and Grange Blanche. You can also get the regular lines on the T3 Transit to The Grand Large Station, which is around 700 metres from the ground. The direct line 3 goes straight to the stadium on match day from Gare Part Dieu to Decines Grand Large. This runs every fifteen minutes and is around an 18 minute journey with some additional walking for a 20km distance. The tram operates until approx 11pm.
Ubers are available but will cost around 25 euros from the centre to the stadium so try a local taxi which will probably be slightly cheaper.
The closest bus stops to the stadium are Decines OL Vallee and Parc OL Stadium.
There is very likely to be a stadium shuttle. We will update when we know more.
Talk to an expert
Call us now:
Weekdays 8.30am - 7.00pm
Saturday 8.30am - 6.00pm
Sunday - Closed
Request a callback